DIAGNOSTIC AND COUNSELLING CLINIC
Established in the year 1976 to evaluate development of children with special needs in the area of academics, learning, skills, psychosocial adjustment, interpersonal relationships, vocational aptitudes and health. Children are evaluated each year by a multi-disciplinary team of specialists consisting of a pediatrician, clinical psychologist, speech therapist, special educator, physiotherapist, occupational therapist and social worker. A comprehensive rehabilitation program is designed for each child.
The services at the Clinic Include:
- Psycho-diagnostic testing for evaluating mental, social, emotional and physical capabilities of the retarded.
- Parent Training Programs.
- Orientation and dissemination of information of welfare schemes to parents and guardians of the mentally retarded.
- Monthly group discussions with parents to exchange notes and experiences.
- Discussion with teachers regarding educational goals and behavior modification plans.
- The students from different disciplines like Social Work, Physiotherapy, Special Education & Nursing come to the Centre for their Training Program. Trainees from Jamia Millia Islamia, Amar Jyoti, Blind Relief Association, Action for Autism, Amity Institute for Rehabilitation Sciences, Delhi School of Social Work DU, Bhimrao Ambedkar University are placed here.
- Early intervention services, including
- Parental Counseling for Therapeutic Intervention
- Environmental Sensory Stimulation Techniques for Children with Developmental Delay
- Home Training Programs for Parents
- Audio Visual Stimulation through Educational Aids
- Activities for young children to encourage learning through play
- Counseling sessions for emotionally disturbed and children with behavior problems.